Working Hands Vocational Instructors are needed to train and prepare young men from below poverty level families of Metro Manila and nearby provinces, to live for Jesus Christ as they serve and support their families and their local church.
- Represent his particular vocational area to the Working Hands director.
- Participate in prospective student applications, screening and selection for training.
- Relate spiritual truths and Biblical principles to the shop setting and provide counsel as needed for the trainees when various character traits and weaknesses are detected in the shop realm.
- Care for and maintain all hand and power tools, equipment and facilities. This includes the purchase of needed tools and equipment.
- Run the business and administration of the shop so that the shop-training program becomes self-supporting.
- Train qualified national assistants so that they may take control of the entire training program when necessary in the future. This is part of the long-term goals of the Working Hands training program.
- Maintain student records, grades, and accomplishments.
- Four year to career commitment
- A personal desire and conviction to serve God in this calling as a servant leader with a whole heart
- Proven skills in his particular vocational calling
- One to two years discipleship experience in youth work as related to Christian service while serving under church/para-church organizations
- One year of Bible training in a Bible school or Bible training under equivalent programs preferred
- Tagalog Level 2 minimum
- Willingness to live in staff housing and to adapt accordingly to the local culture
- Ability and willingness to train a Filipino successor
- At least 18 years old
- A growing Christian
- Active in ministry in a local church
- Recommended by pastor and church
- Able to accept difficult circumstances
- Good sense of humor
- Not easily discouraged
- Spiritually mature
- Able to accept various leadership styles
- Other items set forth by the Candidate Secretary’s office