ACTION is looking for people with the following qualifications to serve in its Short Term Ministry Program:
1. Personally committed to lifelong obedience and service for the Lord Jesus Christ
2. Must be at least 19 years old with one year of work experience, college, or Bible school
3. A growing, maturing Christian
4. Active in their local church (home or college based)
5. Recommended by their pastor and church
7. Adaptable to other cultures, environments, changing circumstances, etc.
8. Able to accept difficult circumstances
9. A good sense of humor and not easily discouraged
10. Able to accept others’ leadership styles
Listed below are some opportunities for summer or short-term missionary service. If you are interested in serving with ACTION in a country or other capacity not listed here, please contact one of our offices. Thank you.
How to apply:
To begin the process of serving a short term ministry with ACTION, please complete our “getting to know you” form on our website (click on the orange “Get Involved” button at the top of the page to access form). You can also request a form to fill out from one of our offices.
Application deadline for short-term service is at least 3 months prior to projected/desired departure time.
Colombia: Meal Preparation and Service
Short-term missionaries are needed in Bogotá, Colombia, to work alongside a veteran missionary to minister to children at risk and the urban and rural poor through helping to prepare and serve meals.
Read More »
Brazil: English Teacher
The English Teachers will plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional after-school program teaching English to the Quaresmas' children in Atibaia, São Paulo, Brazil.
Read More »