ACTION is without financial guarantees or endowments from any organization. The ministry is a faith work, supported by and dependent on the continued faithfulness of God’s people. Each missionary, whether overseas or in the home offices, must look to God to provide his support (living expenses and ministry funds).
General financial information for interested donors, churches, and friends
• ACTION is an evangelical faith mission and is supported by the prayers and gifts of churches and individuals.
• Finances are controlled by the ACTION Board of Directors and Councils in each country.
• All gifts for missionaries and ministry projects are receipted for tax purposes. All gifts received for a project or support of a missionary are used as designated.
• A levy is assessed on all donations to the mission in order to fund operation of the home office and International Office. For regular support and ministry contributions, it is between 10% and 13%, depending on whether the field administration also requests a percentage, which is capped at 3%. The USA office receives 9.75% and the International Office .25% of this levy.
On approved special projects for gifts up to $4999.99, the rate is reduced to around 9% depending on the field assessment. On contributions of $5000 or more, the rate is lowered even further to about 4%, again dependent on the field’s request. Our Financial Department staff is happy to provide the precise percentages of the deduction for each individual situation to any donor upon request.
In Canada, projects are levied 5% regardless of the amount. In the United Kingdom, 11% is charged on project donations under £250, and 5% on gifts of £250 or more. When a project’s financial target is met or the project has ended, any remaining funds, or future donations designated to that project, will be used for similar projects or needs at the discretion of Action International Ministries (ACTION).
• All missionaries trust the Lord for their support and ministry funds. Budgets are set by the mission. ACTION is not responsible for the support of individual missionaries.
• ACTION Financial Reports and audits are available upon request.