Philippines: Brand New Day Ministry
Brand New Day is an outreach and rehabilitation program for street children in Cavite, Philippines. These children and youth are living, sleeping, and working on the streets due to extreme poverty, neglect, and/or abusive family situations.
• Street outreach – The BND team weekly goes to the streets to build relationships with the children who are there and encourage them and their families through games, songs, and Bible activities.
• Family development – BND encourages reconciliation of the children with their families through home visitation, parent Bible studies, and counseling the children with their parents.
• Day Center – BND’s main ministry center is open daily as a Day Center for street children. In addition to tutorial sessions, the children are able to eat a warm meal or two, take a bath and change clothes, play, and take a nap. During this time, the children are also evaluated and counseled by the staff to see what other ways the children and their families might be helped.
• Scholarships – For street children who are otherwise unable to study, Brand New Day offers scholarships to public school. BND works with the families of the children as well as directly with the teachers to provide for the child’s uniform needs, school supplies, and daily allowance needed to go to school.
• Tutorials – Many street youth have never had a chance to go to school, or they had to drop out at a young age. To meet the needs of these kids, Brand New Day hosts daily tutorial sessions to eventually prepare the kids to integrate into the public school system. One of BND’s greatest tools for tutorial is the ALS curriculum, which prepares youth to take an equivalency exam similar to a GED in America, at either a 6th grade level or 12th grade level.
• Spiritual Development – BND is Christ-centered with the ultimate goal of seeing street kids transformed through a reconciled relationship with God. Therefore, BND partners with local Filipino churches to facilitate spiritual growth by introducing children to the Lord and discipling them through weekly Bible Fellowship and Bible studies.
• Leadership Development – Often times, after youth have been in the program for awhile, they start showing interest in leading other kids. At the same time as being intentionally discipled in the Lord, these youth are trained to teach and lead others in various ways including worship and prayer.
• Home-life Program – Many of the children and youth that BND encounter desire to pursue their studies and get off the street but have nowhere to go since they have been abandoned or abused. Therefore BND has a boys’ home and girls’ home to provide a safe and loving home environment to help these youth thrive.
Please click here for information about:
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NIV, 1984 ed.)