USA: Office Missions Internship
Mountlake Terrace, United States 98043-4738
Intern (1-5 months)
Overview: ACTION USA Interns will have a plethora of opportunities to work on valuable projects with several departments within the Seattle-based home office! Interns will gain a bird’s eye perspective on how a missionary sending agency works and obtain a better understanding of nonprofit management. Interns will learn the vital role of effective communication both internally with ACTION’s 260 missionaries but also externally with thousands of ACTION supporters and missions minded inquirers seeking to serve God with ACTION as short-term or long-term missionaries!
1. What are some ministry tasks that you want the intern to accomplish while serving with you?
This will vary depending on the skills and interests of each individual intern. Projects and tasks will be in the areas of promotion, representation, recruitment and mobilization — telling others about ACTION’s work worldwide and helping people get connected to that work in meaningful ways. Some interns will be help with the IT Department others will help create brochures for ACTION’s dozens of ministries and still others will connect via email or phone with those interested in serving with ACTION.
2. What are some key lessons from your ministry and walk with the Lord that you want to impart to the interns to help them as they consider their own individual call to missions or vocational ministry?
• God can use and calls all types of people with all types of skillsets into global missions involvement.
• Everyone has a role to play in God’s global plan whether on the front lines overseas or right here in North America. Each role is valuable and serves a purpose in carrying out the Great Commission.
• Full-time missions requires you to not only prioritize what you think needs to be done next but also to be walking so closely with the Lord that He is guiding your daily decisions as you decide which tasks to prioritize.
3. Please list specific skills an intern may expect to develop by the time the internship is completed.
• If working with media, interns will improve graphic design, photo and video editing skills by producing material that ideally has a global reach and motivates people to either support ACTION missionaries or join them by going as an overseas missionary!
• Greater awareness of the complexity and challenges of administratively supporting 260 missionaries remotely from the United States.
• An understanding of and experience in wearing multiple hats and working between multiple departments within an organization.
• Practical skills in multitasking, prioritizing, being flexible and strengthening one’s cross-cultural communication skills.
For more information please email: email@example.com and visit actioninternational.org/usa