Philippines: Assistant Midwife
The Assistant Midwife will share the gospel through ministering to poor people at Shalom Christian Birthing Home in Antipolo City, Philippines, specifically in providing good midwifery and medical care for the glory of God.
- On first visit of patient conduct interview and do appropriate history taking. Try to establish good relationship with patient.
- Perform pre-natal and post-natal check-ups on mothers and babies.
- Attend to the needs of the mother in labor and delivery.
- Upon discharge, perform necessary check-ups on mothers and babies. Advice on post-natal care should be given.
- Maintain good record keeping for all relevant information pertaining to individual health records, list of medications and treatments.
- Attend staff meetings whenever needed.
- Participate in patient teaching of ante-natal and post-natal care.
- Attend seminars as off duty allows with the awareness of Department Supervisor.
- Establish a working relationship with the pastors sharing the Gospel at the clinic.
- Establish a working relationship with recognized medical authority (i.e. Doctors, municipal hall and related organization under the authority of the Department Supervisor).
- Maintain good communication with the Department Supervisor, colleagues, volunteers and patients.
- Be sensitive to the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the patients and inform the Department Supervisor.
- Minimum of Tagalog Level 2
- At least 18 years old
- A growing Christian
- Active in ministry in a local church
- Recommended by pastor and church
- Able to accept difficult circumstances
- Good sense of humor
- Not easily discouraged
- Spiritually mature
- Able to accept various leadership styles
- Other items set forth by the Candidate Secretary’s office
Please see below for complete job description.