Brazil: Camp Coordinator
The Camp Coordinator will introduce children and teenagers in Brazil to the love of Jesus Christ through various camp activities. The Coordinator will work with volunteers at camp to provide a caring, loving, safe and fun environment in which to share the love of God in word and deed with the campers in their care.
- Develop the camp programs.
- Be alert to the health and safety needs of all campers and staff.
- Provide personal guidance to camper by example, leadership and compassion, showing a positive Christian influence for campers and being alert to their spiritual needs.
- Be responsible for the stewardship of all camp facilities and camp equipment.
- Identify problems and inform building and maintenance person for resolution.
- Understand, interpret and maintain the camp’s policies.
- Assist in support areas where needs arise and expertise allows.
- College degree required; desired fields of study include social services, leisure studies, recreation, and child development
- CPR and first aid experience
- Preferably one year or more of Bible training
- Member of local church
- Involved in evangelism, Bible studies and discipleship
- Experience in leadership and group activities, teaching methods, recreational activities, camp crafts and sports.
- At least one year of experience in camp activities.
- Proficient in Portuguese and/or Spanish
- At least 18 years old
- A growing Christian
- Recommended by pastor and church
- Able to accept difficult circumstances
- Good sense of humor
- Not easily discouraged
- Spiritually mature
- Able to accept various leadership styles
- Other items set forth by the Candidate Secretary’s office
Please see below for complete job description.
The rural and urban poor, especially children, local believers, national unbelievers, ministry leaders, missionaries
Roman Catholics, Agnostics, Christians