The cook will serve in São Paulo, Brazil, and will plan, prepare, cook and serve meals and perform other job related duties as required. The cook will also use daily opportunities to share God’s love with the children and youth that attend the program.
- Plan regular duties such as designing menus and cleaning.
- Prepare meals from Monday to Saturday for the staff and the youth that are part of the program.
- Maintain the kitchen’s inventory, ordering just enough to make sure necessary ingredients are always on hand without any going to waste, and making sure everything is stored properly for safety and efficiency.
- Due to safety and sanitation, must possess knowledge on health codes pertaining to safety and sanitation of the work area and cooking utensils and how to properly prepare food to avoid food-borne illnesses.
- Culinary Art School not necessary. Any combination of education, training and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge and skill to perform the duties and responsibilities as described, including experience as a cook preparing food in an institutional setting.
- Leadership experience is desirable
- Good Bible knowledge
- Member of local church
- Involved in evangelism, Bible studies and discipleship
- At least 18 years old
- A growing Christian
- Recommended by pastor and church
- Able to accept difficult circumstances
- Good sense of humor
- Not easily discouraged
- Spiritually mature
- Able to accept various leadership styles
- Other items set forth by the Candidate Secretary’s office
Please see below for complete job description.
The rural and urban poor, especially children, local believers, national unbelievers, ministry leaders, missionaries
Roman Catholics, Agnostics, Christians