Brazil: English Teacher
The English Teachers will plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional after-school program teaching English to the Quaresmas’ children in Atibaia, São Paulo, Brazil.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, providing them with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate, in the process of learning English as a second language.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet childrens’ varying needs and interests.
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, and storytelling.
- Select, store, order, issue, and inventory school materials and supplies.
- Use daily contact and experiences to share about God‘s love.
- College degree
- Good Bible knowledge
- Discipleship experience
- Member of local church
- Involved in evangelism, Bible studies and discipleship
- Proficient in Portuguese and/or Spanish
- At least 18 years old
- A growing Christian
- Recommended by pastor and church
- Able to accept difficult circumstances
- Good sense of humor
- Not easily discouraged
- Spiritually mature
- Able to accept various leadership styles
- Other items set forth by the Candidate Secretary’s office
Please see below for complete job description.
The rural and urban poor, especially children, local believers, national unbelievers, ministry leaders, missionaries
Roman Catholics, Agnostics, Christians