Brazil: Financial Assistant/Bookkeeper
The Financial Assistant/Bookkeeper will assist with the handling and documentation of funds from various countries to the missionaries and ministries in Brazil.
- Communicate with home offices and/or funding organizations to determine what funds are available for missionaries and ministries.
- Follow procedures for having such funds sent to the proper bank accounts in Brazil.
- Issue check/cash for salary allowances and ministry expense of missionaries as well as ministry/project funds.
- Monitor and enter data into computer for record-keeping purposes and provide missionary monthly report funds.
- Work with various ACTION ministries on financial concerns.
- Teach basic finance and bookkeeping to churches and organizations while in a discipling relationship with those who are being taught.
- Lead Bible studies and look for ways to reproduce the ministries ACTION is involved in.
- College degree in Accounting/Business or minimum high school GED with basic bookkeeping training and five years experience
- One year minimum of Bible college
- Member of local church
- Involved in evangelism, Bible studies and discipleship
- At least 18 years old
- A growing Christian
- Recommended by pastor and church
- Proficient in Portuguese and/or Spanish
- Able to accept difficult circumstances
- Good sense of humor
- Not easily discouraged
- Spiritually mature
- Able to accept various leadership styles
- Other items set forth by the Candidate Secretary’s office
Please see below for complete job description.
The rural and urban poor, especially children, local believers, national unbelievers, ministry leaders, missionaries
Roman Catholics, Agnostics, Christians