Brazil: Research and Network Specialist
The Research and Network Specialist will install, secure, repair and maintain file database and web servers, ensuring data and network security, manage user access and maintain related records, and provide technical support to the various ministries under ACTION Brazil.
- Must be an excellent problem solver, possessing an analytical mind and with a service-focused attitude.
- Design and manage network hardware.
- Build, maintain, and provide security on routers and firewall.
- Concentrate on the network design and security, particularly troubleshooting and/or debugging network-related problems.
- Maintenance of the network’s infrastructure, as well as network backup systems.
- Maintenance of network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers and such.
- College degree or equivalent preferred
- Formal training in network design, installation and maintenance.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (2000 Server preferred), preferably with web developing experience (technical aspects of Web site creation and maintenance)
- Member of local church
- Involved in evangelism, Bible studies and discipleship
- Two years of applied experience in network operations preferred.
- Skilled in various kinds of computer repair and computer maintenance.
- Proficient in Portuguese and/or Spanish
- At least 18 years old
- A growing Christian
- Recommended by pastor and church
- Able to accept difficult circumstances
- Good sense of humor
- Not easily discouraged
- Spiritually mature
- Able to accept various leadership styles
- Other items set forth by the Candidate Secretary’s office
Please see below for complete job description.
The rural and urban poor, especially children, local believers, national unbelievers, ministry leaders, missionaries
Roman Catholics, Agnostics, Christians