Brazil: Street Children Workers
Goiás, Brazil 74470-360
Intern (1-5 months)
Mid-term (6-23 months)
Long-term (2 years +)
Street Children Workers in Brazil will promote the personal, spiritual, educational and social development of children that live on the street and face physical, psychological and social problems on a daily basis.
- Ability to identify the needs and problems of street children.
- Ability to communicate effectively with street children, providing counseling when necessary.
- Capacity to conceptualize, analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to work with groups.
- Desirable knowledge of teaching methods/aids and ways of planning educational activities, running arts-based activities, community/environmental projects, outdoor education and sporting activities.
- Befriending and supporting individuals in various settings.
- Mentoring and supporting individuals to encourage social inclusion.
- A sincere desire to work for the wellbeing of street children
- Degree in social work, education, law, research, welfare, nursing or other desired
- Minimum one year of Bible college
- Member of local church
- Involved in evangelism, Bible studies and discipleship
- Previous work experience with street children preferred
- At least 18 years old
- A growing Christian
- Active in ministry in a local church
- Recommended by pastor and church
- Able to accept difficult circumstances
- Good sense of humor
- Not easily discouraged
- Spiritually mature
- Able to accept various leadership styles
- Other items set forth by the Candidate Secretary’s office
Please see below for complete job description.
The rural and urban poor, especially children, local believers, national unbelievers, ministry leaders, missionaries
Roman Catholics, Agnostics, Christians