Brazil: Teacher with Spanish or Portuguese Proficiency
Teachers with Spanish or Portuguese Proficiency in Brazil will plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional after-school program in a learning environment that guides and encourages the children to develop and fulfill their academic potential. These programs assist children in at-risk situations on the completion of their elementary and high school education. This is accomplished through helping them with their school homework, tutoring, sports, games, crafts, and cultural activities.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides children with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Observe and evaluate students’ performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Be able to determine student strengths and areas of need.
- Organize and label materials, and display students’ work.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, and storytelling.
- Prepare students for later grades by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks.
- Select, store, order, issue, and inventory classroom equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Use daily contact and experiences to share about God’s love.
- College degree
- Member of local church
- Involved in evangelism, Bible studies and discipleship
- Experience in teaching, discipleship, evangelism, or outreach
- Proficient in Portuguese and/or Spanish
- High verbal and written communication skill
- Attention to detail
- Skilled in problem solving, decision making, organizing and planning, learning orientations, and critical thinking
- At least 18 years old
- A growing Christian
- Active in ministry in a local church
- Recommended by pastor and church
- Able to accept difficult circumstances
- Good sense of humor
- Not easily discouraged
- Spiritually mature
- Able to accept various leadership styles
- Other items set forth by the Candidate Secretary’s office
Please see below for complete job description.
The rural and urban poor, especially children, local believers, national unbelievers, ministry leaders, missionaries
Roman Catholics, Agnostics, Christians