Colombia: Discipleship Instructor
ACTION Colombia is looking for someone to join their team as a full-time missionary to serve as Discipleship Instructor to train and equip pastors and lay Christian ministry leaders in discipleship.
- Arrange for the availability of low cost course training material for local church pastors and Christian workers.
- Develop small groups of pastors or church leaders for discipleship.
- Meet and plan with qualified volunteer workers from local churches and para-church organizations who will assist with the purposes of this ministry.
- Prepare and teach the approved discipleship training course instruction and training activities.
- Plan and implement a follow-up program with a committee of volunteer qualified discipleship alumni leaders who have completed all training course requirements.
- Promote the training course program to prospective Christian evangelical funding organizations and Christian corporate business leaders and to keep these funding organizations updated with progress reports and newsletters.
- Oversee the quarterly budget and accounting for this training ministry and submit all such accounting to ACTION’s Colombia Business office.
- Be in contact with organizations (including those with internet web pages) that have teaching or training materials providing resources for this type of ministry.
- Annually prepare a proposal and accompanying budget of the ministry for review and approval by ACTION’s Executive Committee.
- Bible course training in Old/New Testament survey, personal evangelism
- Embrace practical life-application knowledge and practice of Scriptural principles
- Completion of theological and biblical counseling at the seminary-graduate level recommended
- Able to bond with the Colombian people and their culture
- Able to hold in-depth Spanish conversations
- Minimum three-year term, but four-year term preferred
- At least 18 years old
- A growing Christian
- Active in ministry in a local church
- Recommended by pastor and church
- Able to accept difficult circumstances
- Good sense of humor
- Not easily discouraged
- Spiritually mature
- Able to accept various leadership styles
- Other items set forth by the Candidate Secretary’s office
Please see below for complete job description.