Philippines: Mustard Seed Vocational Instructors
Mustard Seed Vocational Instructors are needed to train and prepare young women from below poverty level families of Metro Manila and nearby provinces to live for Jesus Christ as they serve and support their families and their local church.
- Represent her particular vocational area in the regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Participate in prospective student applications, screening and selection for training.
- Relate spiritual truths and Biblical principles in the classroom and to work with social worker and staff to counsel as needed for the trainees when various character traits and weaknesses are detected in the classroom.
- Care for and maintain all vocational tools, equipment and facilities. This includes the purchase of needed tools, equipment, and other materials.
- Train qualified national assistants so that they may take control of the entire training program when necessary in the future.
- Maintain student records, grades, and accomplishments.
- Five year commitment
- A personal desire and conviction to serve God in this calling as a servant leader with a whole heart
- Proven skills in his/her particular vocational calling
- One to two years discipleship experience in youth work as related to Christian service while serving under church/para-church organizations
- One year of Bible training in a Bible school or Bible training under equivalent programs preferred
- Tagalog Level 2 minimum required
- Willingness to live in staff housing and to adapt accordingly to the local culture
- Ability and willingness to train a Filipino successor
- At least 18 years old
- A growing Christian
- Active in ministry in a local church
- Recommended by pastor and church
- Able to accept difficult circumstances
- Good sense of humor
- Not easily discouraged
- Spiritually mature
- Able to accept various leadership styles
- Other items set forth by the Candidate Secretary’s office
Please see below for complete job description.