Philippines: Life Discipleship Ministry Instructor
Life Discipleship Ministry Instructors in Metro Manila, Philippines, will train and equip pastors and lay Christian leaders from local indigenous churches and para-church organizations of Metro Manila and provinces in the Philippines by teaching the Biblical Counseling Foundation’s Self-Confrontation in-depth discipleship training course and the development of other related training courses such as biblical principles of financial management and responsibilities of biblical stewardship including healthy care of one’s physical body, etc.
- Undergo apprenticeship training under the Life Discipleship administration.
- Assist the Life Discipleship director in making arrangements for the availability of low cost Life-Discipleship course training materials through the Biblical Counseling Foundation (BCF) for local church pastors and Christian workers.
- Initially assist the Life Discipleship director in promoting the training course program to prospective funding organizations and to keep actual funding organizations updated with progress reports and newsletters.
- Prepare and conduct the Self-Confrontation course training activities.
- Arrange for the training group closing ceremony or graduation activities after the course lessons have been taught.
- Plan and implement a follow-up program for individual trainees who need to complete their course requirements and for their preparations to train other pastors and church leaders.
- Annually prepare a proposal and accompanying budget for the ministry for review and approval by ACTION’s Philippine Council (APC).
- Minimum two year term required; four year term preferred
- Bible course training such as old/new testament surveys, personal evangelism
- A good working knowledge of the Scriptures
- Studied courses in theological and nauthetic biblical counseling at post-graduate seminary
- Fully understand and support the total sufficiency of Scripture for all issues of life
- Able to discern biblical truth from error as purported by unbiblical psychological philosophies, as well as other influential trends which are opposed to principles of the Scriptures
- Willingness to adapt to the Philippine people, their culture, and contrasting environmental conditions that may be foreign to Western culture values and ideals
- At least 18 years old
- A growing Christian
- Active in ministry in a local church
- Recommended by pastor and church
- Able to accept difficult circumstances
- Good sense of humor
- Not easily discouraged
- Spiritually mature
- Able to accept various leadership styles
- Other items set forth by the Candidate Secretary’s office
Please see below for complete job description.