Philippines: Member Care Coordinator
The Member Care Coordinator will work with the HR Administrator in the processing and placement for service of new missionaries, missionary internship trainees, project workers, short-term workers and teams, and official visitors for ACTION Philippines, work in cooperation with sending offices worldwide in processing new personnel for the Philippine Field, and provide orientation and logistical support for new personnel in Metro Manila, Philippines.
- Provide member care to Philippines based missionaries.
- Facilitate and empower ACTION Philippine leaders to carry out creative and innovative ways of doing mobilization and member care in their spheres of influence.
This will include, but is not limited to:
- Help with new candidate orientations, doing interviews, workshops and seminars, referrals, debriefing and counseling as needed.
- Develop and improve pre-departure orientation and term debriefing procedures on field.
- Help develop member care policy and procedures as well as personnel for ACTION and work with ACTION Member Care personnel in developing this ministry.
- Help find counseling and holistic health services and resources.
- Train churches how to do missionary care and pray for missionaries.
- Help design and develop Adopt-a-Missionary project in home and supporting churches.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date personnel needs database.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date job descriptions for all personnel needs in collaboration with other offices.
- Help to develop and maintain a Philippine introductory pack for newly approved missionaries.
- Four year to career commitment preferred
- BA/BS degree or experience in equivalent professional management relating to human resource development and processing
- At least a full year of Bible school course work or equivalent discipleship study
- Have attended seminars and workshops having to do with missions perspectives or orientation
- Clear calling to minister in an urban setting
- Willingness to raise funds for personal and ministry support
- Ability to manage staff in a participatory and collaborative manner
- Experienced leadership that is characterized by integrity, honesty, and speaking the truth in love
- Ability to develop positive and trusting intercultural and interdenominational relationships
- Administratively gifted with willingness to assist missionaries and Filipino people
- Clear written and verbal communication skills in English and, if possible, Tagalog
- An organizer with a mind for detail
- A working knowledge of PC computers, Microsoft Office
- Tagalog Level 2 recommended, but not required
- At least 18 years old
- A growing Christian
- Active in ministry in a local church
- Recommended by pastor and church
- Able to accept difficult circumstances
- Good sense of humor
- Not easily discouraged
- Spiritually mature
- Able to accept various leadership styles
- Other items set forth by the Candidate Secretary’s office
Please see below for complete job description.