Philippines: Relief and Development Coordinator
Working in Metro Manila, Philippines, the Relief and Development Coordinator will oversee various requests for relief and disaster assistance that may be requested by ACTION missionaries for their ministry contacts. In the case of a major calamity, the coordinator will initiate and coordinate ACTION’s involvement in providing relief and assistance to the victims.
- Screen and oversee various requests for relief assistance.
- Coordinate the delegated survey work and evaluate the needs in a disaster area.
- Discover the Christian leadership in the disaster area and initiate coordination with them. Primarily oversee the search for disaster victims who are of the household of faith and who are being overlooked by other relief efforts in the area.
- Initiate and supervise ACTION’s relief distribution involving resources and personnel.
- Evaluate whether or not ACTION should move from a relief stage into a reconstruction or livelihood stage.
- Coordinate with other relief and development agencies to maximize effectiveness and avoid duplication, confusion, etc.
- Oversee reconstruction and livelihood projects through area coordinators and field personnel.
- Report all relief and disaster ministry activities to the field and international directors.
- Maintain current bookkeeping and financial accountability for the ACTION Relief and Disaster Ministry account.
- Prepare the annual report, proposal and budget for RDM.
- Raise US $50 per month to assist with the department operational expenses. This requirement is in addition to the standard work-fund budget guidelines.
- Four year to career commitment
- One year of Bible training
- Comprehensive knowledge of missions
- One year of experience in a related field
- At least one year of part-time local-church Christian-service experience in general outreach or discipleship/teaching ministries
- One to two years experience in working with national pastors and local churches preferred
- Tagalog Level 2 minimum
- At least 18 years old
- A growing Christian
- Active in ministry in a local church
- Recommended by pastor and church
- Able to accept difficult circumstances
- Good sense of humor
- Not easily discouraged
- Spiritually mature
- Able to accept various leadership styles
- Other items set forth by the Candidate Secretary’s office
Please see below for complete job description.