Philippines: Street Children Worker – Brand New Day
Street Children Workers are needed to join ACTION’s team as they seek to bring hope and restoration through Christ to street children and their families through evangelization, building relationships, scholarships, and partnering with local churches in Silang and Dasmariñas, Cavite, Philippines.
- Assist and eventually assume leadership of one or more of the following areas: 1) Bible studies/discipleship programs for children, youth, and families. 2) Street outreaches, family visitations and counseling, local church networking. 3) Scholarship program and tutorials with students
- Assist in advocacy and fund-raising efforts (local and international) for ACTION/Brand New Day.
- According to the gifts and abilities of the worker, pioneer new work in any of the following areas: 1) Livelihood/micro-enterprise development. 2) Teaching English, music, or other skills. 3) Community Development. 4) Developing a temporary or long term shelter for street youth (especially needed for girls)
- At least two year commitment, but longer preferred
- At least one year of Bible training
- Pre-field cross-cultural exposure/training
- Workers especially needed with any of the following background/training (but not required): Family counseling, prayer counseling, social work, education, livelihood/small business, community development
- A willingness to love the poor, especially children, befriend them, and work among them on a daily basis
- At least 18 years old
- A growing Christian
- Active in ministry in a local church
- Recommended by pastor and church
- Able to accept difficult circumstances
- Good sense of humor
- Not easily discouraged
- Spiritually mature
- Able to accept various leadership styles
- Other items set forth by the Candidate Secretary’s office
Please see above for complete job description.
1. LANGUAGE: Tagalog proficiency is necessary for effective ministry with street children. One year or more of full-time language study is necessary to reach an adequate level of Tagalog proficiency, with continued part-time study once involved in ministry. 2. SUPERVISED MINISTRY: After 1st year of language study is completed, the worker will join the BND team and integrate into previously established ministry under the supervision of the Ministry Leader.