Philippines: Vocational Instructors
Vocational Instructors are needed to train and prepare young men and women from poor families of Metro Manila, and nearby provinces, to live for Jesus Christ as they serve and support their families and their local church. Men are needed to teach Auto Body, Refrigeration, and Metal Shop; women are needed to teach Food Preparation, Salon, and Seamstress in Silang, Cavite, Philippines.
- Represent his/her particular vocational area in the Working Hands Executive Committee meetings.
- Participate in prospective student applications, screening and selection for training.
- Relate spiritual truths and Biblical principles to the shop setting and provide counsel as needed for the trainees when various character traits and weaknesses are detected in the shop realm.
- Care for and maintain all hand and power tools, equipment and facilities. This includes the purchase of needed tools and equipment.
- Run the business and administration of the shop so that the shop-training program becomes self-supporting.
- Train qualified national assistants so that they may take control of the entire training program when necessary in the future. This is part of the long-term goals of the Working Hands training program.
- Responsible to maintain student records, grades, accomplishments, etc.
- Five year commitment
- A personal desire and conviction to serve God in this calling as a servant leader with a whole heart
- Proven skills in his/her particular vocational calling
- One to two years discipleship experience in youth work as related to Christian service while serving under church/para-church organizations
- One year of Bible training in a Bible school or Bible training under equivalent programs preferred
- Basic Tagalog communication skills for dialogue with the students, Filipino staff, and people in community
- Willingness to live in staff housing and to adapt accordingly to the local culture
- Ability and willingness to train a Filipino successor
- At least 18 years old
- A growing Christian
- Active in ministry in a local church
- Recommended by pastor and church
- Able to accept difficult circumstances
- Good sense of humor
- Not easily discouraged
- Spiritually mature
- Able to accept various leadership styles
- Other items set forth by the Candidate Secretary’s office
Please see below for complete job description.