Philippines: Church Planting Missionary
Church Planting Missionaries will carry out grassroots church planting among the poor under local churches for the establishment of a growing Christian community in depressed population areas of Metro Manila, Philippines.
- Work toward Level 3 in appropriate foreign language proficiency.
- Assist at least one church-planting and mentor in church-planting activities in a depressed area in Metro Manila.
- Encourage research and strategy studies in targeted area(s) for evangelism work, discipleship, and development of church groups in cooperation with their assigned church-planting mentor.
- According to their capacity, encourage the discipleship of new believers, conduct follow-up work, provide Bible instruction, and assist in church development and leadership training.
- Keep the work as a national-led church.
- According to their capacity, network activities that help the community connect with resources that will build that community structurally, legally, socially, politically and economically.
- Meet with and submit regular ministry reports to assigned ACTION supervisor.
- Tagalog Level 2 minimum required
- Four year term to career commitment
- At least two years of Bible school education
- At least 18 years old
- A growing Christian
- Active in ministry in a local church
- Recommended by pastor and church
- Able to accept difficult circumstances
- Good sense of humor
- Not easily discouraged
- Spiritually mature
- Able to accept various leadership styles
- Other items set forth by the Candidate Secretary’s office
Please see below for complete job description.