Philippines: Prison Ministry Coordinator
The Prison Ministry Coordinator will minister the gospel of Jesus Christ to inmates, train believers in the Word of God, and assist churches both inside and outside the prisons in their ministries to prisoners and their families in Manila and beyond.
- Share the Good News of salvation in Jesus Christ to inmates and their families.
- Train believers in their walk with Christ.
- Mobilize and train church workers in ministry to inmates and their families.
- Facilitate, assist and encourage a network of church and agency workers in ministry to inmates and their families.
- Organize and facilitate Bible and training conferences for inmates and workers.
- Organize and facilitate medical clinics for inmates.
- Visit inmates and advocate for them as needed.
- Four year to career commitment
- At least one year of Bible school course work or equivalent discipleship study
- Previous direct fruitful ministry, either church or agency based, among inmates and their families
- Good working knowledge of the Bible
- Ability to teach one-on-one and in small or large groups
- Ability to organize and facilitate Bible and training conferences and medical clinics for inmates
- Ability to train church and agency workers
- At least 18 years old
- A growing Christian
- Active in ministry in a local church
- Recommended by pastor and church
- Able to accept difficult circumstances
- Good sense of humor
- Not easily discouraged
- Spiritually mature
- Able to accept various leadership styles
- Other items set forth by the Candidate Secretary’s office
Please see below for complete job description.