Philippines: Short-Term Ministry Coordinator
The Short-Term Ministry Coordinator will assist the Human Resources Administrator in order to meet the needs for short-term missionaries, internship missionary trainees, project workers, volunteer service teams, visiting teams and official ACTION visitors in Manila, Philippines.
- Provide assistance to the Human Resources Administrator as the Ex-Pat Short-term Coordinator.
- Represent the ACTION Philippines Human Resources Department in matters having to do with the processing and placement of short-term missionaries, missionary interns, and volunteer workers.
- Pre-field preparation responsibilities for receiving new ACTION ex-pat short-term missionaries, missionary interns, projects workers, and volunteer workers.
- Coordinate and supervise field orientation.
- Supervise personnel who are classified under this job description.
- Supervise and evaluate end-of-service forms for short-term missionaries and missionary interns.
- Two year minimum commitment
- Tagalog Level 2 recommended, but not required
- College/university/Bible school or seminary education or applicable professional/vocational training
- Studies in human resource development, sociology, counseling, and business administration helpful, but not required
- At least one year of Bible training or the equivalent
- A comprehensive knowledge of missions perspective
- At least 18 years old
- A growing Christian
- Active in ministry in a local church
- Recommended by pastor and church
- Able to accept difficult circumstances
- Good sense of humor
- Not easily discouraged
- Spiritually mature
- Able to accept various leadership styles
- Other items set forth by the Candidate Secretary’s office
Please contact ACTION for a more complete job description.