Spain: English Evangelism Coordinator/House Church Planter
The English Evangelism Coordinator and House Church Planter will form a team to promote English-based evangelism, friendship with Spaniards and/or foreign students, and discipleship in two or three suburbs of Seville. The hope for the final outcome of this position is that one day a strategic network of house churches be established.
- Spend time at least once weekly with other team members in worship and prayer.
- Study Spanish or perfect it by enrolling in a language school, auditing university classes, attending adult education classes that town halls may offer, or participating in town sports teams where available.
- Befriend locals through friendship-based evangelism, find ways to disciple them.
- Participate with the team by organizing cultural exchanges between Spanish youth and Christian families in the U.K. and U.S. and promoting English cultural programs for local town governments as a stepping-stone for sharing the gospel.
- Participate with the team in promoting on-fire Christian native English recent college graduates to apply for the Spanish Ministry of Education’s Cultural Ambassador Program (an annual program that offers 1200 eight-month grants for teaching English) and in helping train and encourage Christian language assistants to make the most of their experience abroad for Christ´s kingdom.
- One to two year term acceptable, four-plus year term preferred
- Basic or intermediate knowledge of Spanish preferred, but not mandatory
- College graduate
- Commitment to independent study of the Spanish culture, literature, and/or linguistics before arriving in Spain
- Commitment to be a life-long learner of the Bible
- One year of practical Bible School training or the equivalent of life-experience and/or on-line training preferred
- Previous cross-cultural experience beneficial
- God-given call to love and serve the Spanish people
- At least 18 years old
- A growing Christian
- Active in ministry in a local church
- Recommended by pastor and church
- Able to accept difficult circumstances
- Good sense of humor
- Not easily discouraged
- Spiritually mature
- Able to accept various leadership styles
- Other items set forth by the Candidate Secretary’s office
Please see below for complete job description.