USA: Missionary Helpdesk Administrator
Job Description: Responsible to manage the Missionary Helpdesk support of ACTS USA with the goal of helping ACTION members (missionaries) – with technology in missions.
Position: ACTS Missionary Helpdesk Administrator MHA of ACTION USA – MHA
Preferred Experience: 3 years tech experience from prior job or missionary service as a computer technician. Experience supervising a team appreciated but not required.
Report to: ACTION Computer & Technical Services (ACTS) USA IT Director
Location: Action International Ministries USA Home Office, 5502 232 ST SW, Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043-04738 or work remotely from within the 48 contiguous states.
Approximate Hours of Service: 30-40 hours a week but flexible hours to meet the needs of supporting our missionaries and other ACTION offices globally in their timezone.
Desired Commitment: 2 years
Position Reposted: July 24, 2017
Purpose of Position: The pace of missions is fast and slow at the same time. ACTION operates on God’s time not our own. ACTS USA needs techs that understand the missionary mindset and understand the benefits of technology to missions. The Missionary Helpdesk division of ACTS USA is to help the members of ACTION who use ACTION USA Technical Services and/or are Office Responsible to ACTION USA to best perform their ministry role wherever they are.
Understanding this Supervisor Position: The MHA will work under the supervision of the IT Director to recruit, supervise, train, and mentor Missionary Helpdesk Technicians MHTs to the end goals of the department. Every 6 months MHA performance evaluation with the IT Director. The MHA is accountable for the performance of those they supervise. The measure of efficiency is help tickets completed and outstanding tickets not completed. ACTION member satisfaction is also a key part in understanding if the helpdesk support is doing well. The MHA will also coordinate with ACTS Technical Consultants TCs, and the Systems Administrator SA to support the needs of ACTION USA.
Responsibilities by Priority:
- Recruit, supervise, train, and mentor MHTs to the end goals of the department.
- Utilize the Missionary Helpdesk Ticket System to prioritize and track requests.
- Oversee the management of the email service and its related services for all ACTION members worldwide supervising MHTs.
- Coordinate with ACTS TCs, and the SA to support the projects of ACTION USA.
- Coordinate short term trips for MHTs and other ACTS staff to assist with ACTION member needs abroad. The MHA does not need to always go on these trips but does need to lead in the planning and preparation.
- Read and learn about new technologies on the horizon.
- Assist ACTS USA IT Director with various projects.
You will be responsible to prepare teams of ACTS USA staff and volunteers for tech trips. The trips are to implement technical solutions and provide maintenance or repair for technical equipment for ACTION members abroad. You will be asked if you can withstand the rigor of international travel and living overseas for short trips usually one week up to one month. If so, and you have the personal ministry funds to cover the cost of the trip, expect to support ACTION members worldwide with their tech needs.
Desired skill sets: Ability to
- problem solve computer hardware and software issues.
- build and rebuild PCsà Mac, Windows, and Linux.
- maintain fluid communication with IT Director and Systems Administrator and attend (virtual meetings) bi-monthly ACTS meetings.
- order computer hardware and software with for ACTION members with approval of IT Director and or USA Financial Dept.
- supervise and train others.
Desired mindset: An understanding of
- why ACTION exists as a mission agency
- how IT can function in a nonprofit organization
- why Christians in IT are called to a high standard of obedience to copyright laws and avoidance of illegally obtained software or hardware.
A willingness to kindly teach ACTION members how to effectively use technology.
A heart for reaching out to those who do not know Christ and supporting fellow missionaries and other believers.
ACTS strives to provide the following services to ACTION Members:
- Acquire the appropriate hardware, software, or technical equipment for ministry needs.
- Setup and manage ACTION services, software, systems, and networks.
- Teach ACTION members how to use ACTION services, software, systems, and networks.
- Provide technology help and repair to ACTION members worldwide.
Action International Ministries (ACTION) is a global mission agency committed to sending multi-national missionaries who treasure Jesus Christ and minister His Gospel in word and deed, primarily to the poor. www.actioninternational.org