Zambia: Community Schools Facilitator
The Community Schools Facilitator will coordinate ministry outreach with impoverished church-based community schools in Lusaka, Zambia's urban townships.
The Community Schools Facilitator will coordinate ministry outreach with impoverished church-based community schools in Lusaka, Zambia’s urban townships.
- Plan and carry out teacher training workshops to build up teacher skill sets
- Promote Christian religious education that is age appropriate and geared towards spiritual growth
- Help community school leaders select/adapt curriculum that can be taught by local church volunteers.
- Communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences.
- Establish discipleship/training programs for teachers on a term by term basis
- Build relationships with and help teachers to perfect their own teaching skills
- Review and give feedback on teacher-student relationships
- Oversee teacher gifts, allotments and stipends
- Develop strategies to move select community schools towards sustainability
- Help raise funds to cover teacher gifts and the assistance given to the schools.
- Liaise and attend meetings with other Community School (CS) / Next Gen (NG) ministries to establish weekly, quarterly and or yearly goals
- Work with AZ team director to establish NG/ CS budget
- Connect church schools with youth outreach at Action Zambia’s campground/retreat
- Two years professional teaching experience
- Supervisory experience
- Good organizational skills
- Christian education training
- Minimum commitment of three years
- At least 18 years old
- A growing Christian
- Active in ministry in a local church
- Recommended by pastor and church
- Able to accept difficult circumstances
- Good sense of humor
- Not easily discouraged
- Spiritually mature
- Able to accept various leadership styles
- Other items set forth by the Candidate Secretary’s office
Please see below for complete job description.