Zambia: PLD Pastoral Training Instructor
The PLD Pastoral Training Instructor will encourage pastors and church leaders in Lusaka, Zambia, towards godliness in character, while imparting to them a thorough knowledge of the Bible and Christian theology, and training them in the skills needed to be effective pastors.
Key areas of responsibility:
– Train pastors by instructing and coaching them so as to strengthen their exegetical, and homiletical abilities.
– Train pastors in Biblical and historical theology with an emphasis on understanding the true gospel and recognizing counterfeit gospels.
– Train pastors so as to encourage the development of mature Christian character.
– Train pastors for effective leadership in their churches and communities.
– Train pastors to be effective evangelists in the community and good counselors to their people.
– Pastoral Training Instructors are expected to do class room lectures, facilitate small groups, and work one-on-one with pastors to accomplish the development goals of the program.
– Assist in coordinating Pastor Resource Center (PRC) volunteers to maintain Christian pastoral resources, including books videos and other materials.
– Provide classroom lecture notes for the participants of the training program.
– Assess the educational needs of pastors and assist the coordinator in setting goals for their training and development.
– Assist in maintaining an annual calendar of guest speakers and lecturers for two to three seminars a year.
– Assist with fundraising initiatives that generate support for pastoral leadership development programs.
– Pastoral Leadership Development Coordinator
– Fellow colleagues on PLD team
– Local Zambian pastors and church leaders
– Seminary degree preferred (Master of Divinity or equivalent), minimum equivalent of BA in Theology
– 5 years pastoral experience
– Successful completion of Perspectives Course
– Some organizational skills
– Strong facilitation and leadership skills